Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Operation -B.Y.C.Z. #2

#2 on the path to broadening that comfort zone? This was my favorite!

Give yourself permission to have some focus time... on you!

This was a tough one for me to come to grips with. Like a lot of you out there we often put others before us, but by doing this are we helping or hurting others?

I started on this particular part of the journey by getting myself a membership to Massage Envy !
This was seriously one of the best things I could have done ! Not only was it a gift to myself, it was also a gift to my husband. When you are stressed and run-down it often rubs off on your other half.

I don't thing I realized how much stress he was carrying over my deteriorated health. He purchased a few gift cards for Christmas a few years back, but I never used them. After one session with my now massage therapist I was hooked! I signed up for a full year that night and it's been a gift to us both ever since. It seems like such an indulgence that I failed to see how therapeutic it actually is.

 My massage therapist specializes in cranial sacral massage . It's a non-evassive way to relieve the stress and tension in the bones of your head, spine & sacrum. I found it not only relived stress, but some chronic pain that I had experienced.

It works perfectly with my work outs. I've learned a lot about alignment and things that I can do before and after my work-outs to lessen the stress on my body while my muscles build memory. Now I have two wonderful Ladies that are on my "Team". I'm more educated than I've ever been and that will only strengthen my resolve to continue!

Stay tuned for #3

J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment