Monday, June 24, 2013

Quick Post : Meh days...they're bound to happen...

I have to say, Life has been on a pretty good roll of "ups" I guess I'm bound to have a "down" day here and there. Unfortunately it seems like a pendulum, my life tends to swing from one extreme to another.

So how do you bring about balance? I guess part of of bringing balance is accepting that now and again you're going to have a MEH day. One of those days where it's just better to settle in, find a good book, open up Pinterest or find a favorite show to "marathon" on T.V.

Today is one of those days folks, or should should I say yesterday night into today?

I had a perfectly lovely weekend. I spent some time with the hubbs and my sister, painted my nails, watched  {Big Bang Theory} and had a very chill time of it!  Yesterday I decided to splurge on some fantastic gelato that just happened to have some whole espresso beans in it.

A couple of weeks ago I discovered I have Diverticulosis . It's incredibly painful and makes it necessary to cut out certain foods that are more difficult for your system to digest. Apparently Espresso beans need to be added to the list! :-(

An otherwise lovely day turned into a terrible evening of tossing, turning and drug induced half sleep. Eventually the cramping stopped, but the feeling of being kicked repeatedly in the gut remains...henceforth the MEH day I'm experiencing today. 

So far I've taken a long bath, had a semi marathon of {Gidget} on T.V. Land and now I'm catching all of you up on this quickie post.

So, what's my point to this post? Well, besides the fact that an adorable Sally Field can make almost any day a little brighter, I figure every once in a while you have to give yourself the ok to not be at your best.

Just don't let it get you down to the point where it ruins your whole week!  Nope, i'm determined to recover and move on.  

...Now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Toodles-
J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment